Changing My Idea

Standard

After making the poster and deciding that the meteors did not look good on the poster, i decided to change my idea slightly.

Instead of having the complex meteor shape I decided to make circles the same size as the rock in the original meteors shape.

This concept seemed better as now I could change the colours of the circles according to how long the meteor landed which showed more data than my original idea with the detailed meteor shapes. I would keep the original UK shape and placement of the meteors but I decided to divide the meteors in 3 time categories. My colour scheme had already been chosen so I just needed to pick colours for each category.

Screen Shot 2015-01-11 at 21.33.21

IMG_0180Screen Shot 2015-01-11 at 21.27.02

I would make the older meteors the cream colour, the middle range meteors an orange and then the most recent ones in red. The size of the also corresponds to the mass of the meteor. I was really pleased how this came out as the data became more obvious and I thought that it looked more typically science like.

The next step was to add the details such as the title, a key and information about where I got my information from.

Screen Shot 2015-01-11 at 21.30.52

The last detail was adding a border around the edge of the poster as I thought it added to the aesthetics of the poster.

Screen Shot 2015-01-11 at 21.31.54

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s