Finishing Touches

Standard

Screen Shot 2015-01-11 at 19.49.57

This is what my poster looked like when I had decided on the style and colours of the poster. I was happy with the way this turned out. The next step was to adjust the meteors to their mass.

I did a mock-up of the poster to see if I was happy with the concept before I spent the time changing the sizes of the meteors.

Screen Shot 2015-01-11 at 19.51.19

I decided that I would make a scale to accurately make the meteors the right size. I thought I would make a more drastic change of size as might have looked more striking and fuller.

This is the scale I used to adjust the meteor sizes. However this wasn’t an accurate way of representing data as there was no way to automatically size the meteors to an accurate mass.

Screen Shot 2015-01-11 at 19.52.20

After this I spent a long time changing all the meteors to the correct size and ended up with a very cluttered poster:

Screen Shot 2015-01-11 at 19.55.28

After placing the map with the large meteors onto the background I decided that even if I made the meteors smaller I still wouldn’t look aesthetically pleasing or accurate.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s