The first part of production was to create the UK map that I would use in the photo. This at least would be a start to placing where the meteors landed in the UK.
I started by finding a map of the UK on the internet and placing it into Illustrator. I then used the pen tool to roughly outline the uk as I didn’t want it to look exactly realistic so kept it a basic shape. I then created some lines to represent the border between the countries and used the pathfinder tool to cut out the lines out of the shape.
I then exported the information I had into Google Earth and began lining up the meteors with the map. This took me along time as I had to manually place the red dots onto the map.